Local Charities Compete to Win the University Club’s Big Bang-quet Challenge
Nineteen local charities are competing in the University Club of MSU’s Big Bang-quet Community Charity Challenge, sponsored by the Michigan State University Federal Credit Union and the Capital Region Community Foundation.
All charities are posted on the University Club’s website at www.universityclubofmsu.org/theclubwithaheart, and the public is invited to visit the site and “vote” for their favorites. A “vote” is a $5 tax-deductible donation to the Capital Region Community Foundation. Online voting began on Monday, February 13 and will close on Tuesday, March 21. On Wednesday, March 22, at 5:30 p.m., the public is invited to a reception at the University Club, to place final votes and witness the final outcome.
Every organization will receive a check for 90 percent of the funds raised through voting. In addition, the organization that raises the most votes will receive a $10,000 credit toward a fundraising event at the University Club. In addition, the organization with the most individual donors will win a $5,000 credit toward a fundraising event at the University Club! So…everyone is a winner, and one organization is a BIG winner! Competing organizations include:
- Advent House Ministries, Inc.
- Beekman Therapeutic Riding Center
- Capital Area Literacy Coalition
- Child & Family Charities
- Capital Ballet Theater
- East Lansing Rotary Foundation, in support
- the “Weekend Survival Kits” program
- Forster Woods Adult Day Center
- Girl Scouts Heart of Michigan
- Greater Lansing Food Bank
- Harris Nature Center Foundation
- Hospice of Lansing
- Lansing RIF (Reading is Fundamental)
- Loaves and Fishes Ministries
- MI Women’s Historical Center & Hall of Fame
- MSU Community Music School
- Origami Brain Injury Rehabilitation Center
- REACH Studio Art Center
- SIREN/Eaton Shelter, Inc.
- The Firecracker Foundation
The University Club of Michigan State University has an 88-year tradition as a year-round center for business, dining, fitness, recreation, and golf at Forest Akers Golf courses. The Club offers a service-rich tradition of fabulous dining and entertainment, flawlessly executed meetings and events, leisurely tennis, swimming and golf, and a world-class fitness center and spa. Memberships in this award-winning private facility are available to anyone in the community.
Tags: business news today